- baby greens
- shaved* organic fennel
- shaved* organic watermelon radish
- shaved* red onion
- crispy fried wild rice croutons**
- dried organic cranberries
- salted pistachios
- all dressed with my undeniably delicious Maple Syrup Mustard Vinaigrette (recipe below)
*Use a mandolin for this. The culinary slicer – not the musical instrument smarty pants. Buy one – use it – love it. They are worth every penny.
** For the crispy fried wild rice croutons I just took a can of organic wild and brown rice, rinsed it very well and sauteed it in a bit of coconut oil with salt, pepper and a bit of organic garlic powder. It took a long time to steam off all of the moisture in the rice but when it evaporated – there was heavenly, crunchy, chewy, gluten-free crouton goodness left behind. Once I perfect this recipe – I’ll share.
- ½ cup organic cold pressed olive oil
- ½ cup organic rice wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- big pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- dash of organic garlic powder
- Put all ingredients into a mason jar and shake.
- Keeps in fridge for 2 weeks
Props Props: Chartreuse double handle bowl from Chapters Indigo