Parmesan cheese is one of the most difficult dairy products to give up. It’s soooooo damn good! From time to time I’ll indulge in the real deal but until recently I’ve been using Parma-Veg (an organic and vegan Parmesan cheese substitute that is largely made of walnuts). Then I found out how to make my own version of vegan Parmesan cheese. Oh yeah – and the best thing is there’s only 4 ingredients. Don’t you just LUV knowing exactly what’s in the food you are eating? This magical stuff is perfect when paired with some zippy hot peppers on your pasta.
- 1 cup Raw Organic Cashews
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp ground Himalayan Pink Salt
- Dash of Organic Garlic Powder
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender
- Pulse until grated Parmesan cheese consistency