Pasta and pesto go hand in hand and this vegan pesto is oh-so-good. Give this a try. You’ll love it. I swear.
- 1½ cups Fresh Organic Basil
- ⅔ cup Cold Pressed Organic Olive Oil
- 1 cup Raw Nuts (most recipes call for pine nuts but I like raw almonds or walnuts)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (add more if you're really into garlic)
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast (this is what gives the cheesy flavor)
- ¾ teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- ½ teaspoon Fresh Ground Organic Black Pepper (sometimes I add even more than this)
- Wash your organic basil really well
- Toss everything into your blender or food processor (I use my VitaMix for this recipe)
- Blend until the nuts are all broken down
- NOTE: Don't puree the heck out of the pesto - you want there to be some texture
- TIP: Sometimes I'll thin the pesto out with a bit of lemon juice just before I serve it. This is especially good when you are going to use it on grilling veggies or a sandwich
So it took me a long time to bite the bullet and buy a Vitamix. You can see my original post about my lusting for a Vitamix here. This is the model I made the investment in. I love this thing. I use it for soup, banana ice cream, smoothies and I even have the attachments for grinding grains so I can make my own flours. It’s sweeeeeetttt!