This recipe is silly simple. You gotta’ try it.
- 1 large Organic Sweet Potato
- Boiling water (no need to add salt - let's keep this low-sodium)
- Put a pot of water to simmer (your steel colander should be able to sit in the bottom of the pot and have the sweet potato covered by the water)
- Wash and peel sweet potato
- Plunk it in your spiralizer and spiralize that sucker.
- Rinse in cold water
- Place 'noodles' into a stainless steel colander and submerge into simmering water
- Depending on how thick your noodles are it will take anywhere from 2 - 3 minutes to get them tender
- Keep an eye on them - they kick over from noodles to mush in the blink of an eye
- Top with Vegan Pesto and add a little vegan parmesan cheese substitute and chili pepper flakes if you like
This is the spiralizer I use for making long curly noodles. The noodle it makes is a fine angel hair type of noodle. It’s a great little tool that’s easy to use and wash up.
I’ll post the recipe for Vegan Pesto tomorrow!